Super healthy but incredible delicious, these cookie dough bites are free-from gluten, dairy, grains and oil (a sugar-free option is also provided). And they are definitely by far my favourite cookie, super gooey and soft, they just melt in your mouth. They are also super light and nutritious, so you don’t feel weighed down or sluggish after eating them.
They take all together around 15 minutes to make so are very quick and convenient when you don’t have much time. And even though the main ingredient is chickpeas, I can assure you, fresh out of the over you won’t even taste them!
- 1 ½ cups of canned chickpeas, rinsed
- ¾ cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup liquid sweeter of choice ( I like to use honey but if you want a totally vegan version maple syrup works just as well – and for sugar free version use 30 drops of liquid stevia)
- 2.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt (optional)
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips (can always break up a chocolate bar if you can’t find chocolate chips or use cacao nibs for sugar-free version)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Combine all ingredients together in a food processor except for the chocolate chips, until smooth.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and stir in the chocolate chips, evenly spreading them throughout.
- Using an ice cream scoop – scoop out the mixture placing the cookie dough balls onto a lined oven tray (If you want them to look more like normal cookies you can press down slightly on the balls).
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes (they will still be soft when you take them out of the oven and do not set like normal cookies).
- Eat and enjoy whilst warm 🙂
Note: Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week, however, they are best eaten warm, so heat them up again before eating!7