I am obssessed with cinnamon, I put it in just about everything, from my smoothies to my vegetables. The taste is not the only reason to love cinnamon however, it is full of many wonderful health benefit as well:
- Regulates blood sugar levels, making it a great choice for diabetics and hypoglycemics. Also great news for anyone who wants stable energy levels and moods.
- Has natural anti-infectious and anti-inflammatory compounds.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Boosts brain activity.
These cinnamon rolls are also a great way of using up left over almond pulp from making nut milk. Try them out, you won’t regret it!
- 3/4 c almond flour
- 3/4 c almond pulp (leftover from making almond milk)
- 1/2 c coconut flour
- 1/4 c ground flaxseeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 6 dates, pitted
- 2 T water
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c pecans or walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 c raisins (optional)
- Combine all dough ingredients together in a bowl.
- Roll out on a surface lightly floured with coconut flour to 1/4 inch thick.
- Process dates, water and cinnamon until smooth.
- Spread the paste evenly over the dough and sprinkle with the raisins and pecans.
- Carefully roll it into a log (picture below).
- Cut into 1 inch rolls.
- Lay them out on a dehydrator screen and dehydrate for 2 hours.