This creamy, yet nourishing bowl of oats is a quick and easy breakfast that will keep you energised and sustained for hours. Lightly sweetened with banana and highlighted with cinnamon its the perfect start or even end to any day!
- 1/2 cup oats (I recommend using organic gluten-free oats)
- 1 cup almond milk (click here for my recipe of how to make fresh almond milk)
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chia seed (or ground flax)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of maca powder for an extra energy boost
- Simply add the oats, chia seeds, almond milk, cinnamon and mashed banana to a saucepan and heat for about 10 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pour it into a bowl and add all your favourite toppings!