Rainbow bowls are the perfect lunch or dinner for when you want something quick and easy to make. They are so variable as you can always change up the ingredients depending on what you have in your fridge. Get creative!
For todays rainbow bowl I used the following:
- 1 small sweet potato, steamed
- Handful of kale
- 1/2 cup of romaine lettuce
- 1 large tomato
- 1 T raisins
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup of red cabbage, grated
- Handful of sprouts (I used alfalfa and mixed bean sprouts)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 T tahini
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp raw honey
- water as needed
- Start by marinating the kale. Tear leaves off kale stems and discard stems. Break leaves into bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry thoroughly.
- Place kale in a bowl and squeeze on some lemon juice. With your hands, “massage” the lemon into the kale until all leaves are coated, this helps break down the fibres of the kale making it more digestible.
- Wile the kale marinates chop the sweet potato into roughly 1 inch chunks and steam them for about 10mins or until soft, i like to sprinkle mine with cinnamon for extra flavour.
- You can then prep all the other ingredient; grate carrot and red cabbage, chop the tomato into small squares and wash and chop the romaine lettuce up into smaller pieces.
- Add the raisins and tomato to the kale.
- For the dressing place all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until a smooth creamy liquid is formed, add water as necessary as maybe a bit thick for you liking. You can always add some olive oil instead of water if you desire.
- To assemble the bowl, simply spoon in the ingredients one by one next to each other, pour dressing over and enjoy!