A delicious raw take on the conventional Twix bar!
- 3 c almond flour (you can make nut flour by just blending up the whole nuts, don’t blend for to long though as will turn into butter!)
- 1/4 c desiccated coconut
- 1.5 T liquid sweetener (I usually use coconut nectar/honey but feel free to use any other sweetener your like)
- 1 T coconut oil
- Process ingredients together until you get desired texture
- Press into a pan, trying to get as even distribution as possible
- Place in freezer to let harden before spreading caramel on top
- 1/3 c almond butter
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or seeds from 1/2 a vanilla bean pod
- pinch salt
- Blend all ingredients together until you get a smooth consistency
- Spread the caramel on top of the shortbread and place back in the freezer allowing this layer to harder up before coating in chocolate
- 1/2 c Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 c Cocoa Butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 c Liquid sweetener
- Mix all of the chocolate ingredients together in a bowl and leave to cool down until it is thick enough to run off the back of your spoon.
- Once the biscuit and caramel layer is frozen take it out of the freezer and using a share knife, chop into thin rectangular strips for the inside of the bars.
- Dip the strips into the chocolate mixture, one at a time, taking them out with a fork so that they are covered all over.
- Place them on a backing tray lined with baking paper and place back in the freezer to set for 20 mins or until hardened.
- You can re-dip them to get a thicker coating of chocolate, just follow the two steps above coating and freezing until you get your desired chocolate layer.