The best start to a day!
Juice is easily digestible and highly nutritious, making it an excellent food choice. I juice first thing in the morning when my stomach is empty, which allows for maximum absorption of minerals and nutrients and also sets the stage for the rest of my day. I try to juice whatever is local or seasonal at the time, so i am constantly changing what i put in my green juice dependent on the season. To see what is in season check out: Eat seasonably calendar.
(yield: 2 cups)
- 1.5 cucumbers
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 small bunch kale
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- juice of 1 lemon
- Feed all ingredients through juicer
- Drink within 20 mins for optimal nutrition
It is better to stick to just vegetables in your juice as fruit without the fiber, is basically sugar. So juice fruits as a treat but try and eat them whole as far as possible. They also require different enzymes for digestion. The GREENER the BETTER – richer in nutrients, antioxidants and cleansing properties.
Some of the Benefits of Juicing:
– Assimilate nutrients faster
– Promotes alkalinity – shifts body from acidic to alkaline
– Youthful appearance, smoother skin
– Encourages weight loss/control
– Allows for efficient elimination
– Improves energy level
– Reduced cravings for sweets, caffeine and refined carbohydrates
– High in trace minerals: including iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium and vitamins, including vitamins K, C, E, and many of the B vitamins