For me wheatgrass is a must have, the benefits are endless and it makes me feel amazing! Ive noticed increased energy levels, my skin clear up, and coughs and colds totally disappear. It can be taken in many forms, the best being freshly juiced, however, if that is not an option for you, it can be take frozen, in capsules or in powdered form (check out my shop for natural Wheatgrass Supplements).
It is best taken on an empty stomach for maximum nutrient absorption, and two ounces at any one given time is generally all that is needed. Two ounces of wheatgrass juice is equal to approximately five pounds of fresh vegetables. There is a whole meal in just one, two ounce shot of wheatgrass juice!
Here is a list of some of the amazing benefits:
- One of the richest sources of vitamins A and C
- Contains a full balanced spectrum of readily-asimulated B vitamins, including laetrile (B-17), which has been credited with selectively destroying cancer cells without affecting normal cells
- Contains high quality calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium in a balanced ratio
- Provides organic iron to the blood to improve circulation
- Contains 92 of the 102 trace minerals recognised as available to plants from the soil
- Improves digestion
- Is the most available form of chlorophyll
- Assists in reducing blood pressure
- Restores alkalinity to the blood. The juice’s abundance of alkaline minerals helps reduce over-acidity in the blood.
- Is very similar to the chemical molecular structure of your red blood cells, thereby enhancing the bloods capacity to carry oxygen to every cell of your body
- Purifies the liver
- Helps wounds heal
- Helps skin problems such as acne, eczema or psoriasis
- Counteracts metabolic toxins in the body
- Combats blood sugar problems
- Has been credited with combating both loss of hair and greying
- Aids in relieving constipation
- Increases resistance to radiation
- Acts as a “disinfectant” by killing bacteria in the blood, lymph and various tissues
- Because it incorporates all of the necessary amino acids, it is considered a complete food by many
Cleanse, Alkalize, and Nourish!
For more info read: The Wheatgrass book by Ann Wigmore or Wheatgrass – Natures Finest Medicine by Steve Meyerwitz.14